About DACG Inc
DACG’s Professional Affiliations
- U.S. Green Building Council
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce
DACG, Inc. is owned by Heather McCandless and is a minority-owned and woman-owned business (DBE).
Formerly, Heather McCandless and Jamie McCandless were part of the top management team at D&A Building Services leading its multi-million dollar waterproofing division, building maintenance business, and tenant build out operations. From there, the business they developed evolved and began to offer a growing number of design and construction services. Today, DACG is a full-service, self-performing and separate general contracting company.
What sets DACG apart is its unique “one-stop” shop offering project teams a wide range of services that span from pre-design to the end of a building’s useful life.
Self Performing Construction Group
Unlike traditional construction services firms, we have our own labor force skilled in the critical components of a construction project such as steel erection, concrete and carpentry. We bring our own labor, equipment and a proven track record of building expertise. We set ourselves apart as self performing by:
- Hands-on understanding of design and building components
- Preliminary design input and material cost estimates
- Solving construction challenges
- Flexible scheduling
- High levels of quality and safety
- Projects delivered on time and within budget
Our Construction Group has Smarter Sustainable Building Practices
DACG has proven experience and understands the responsibilities of a contractor on LEED and other green building projects. We have experience running sustainable job sites. Accordingly, we keep detailed green submittal records on materials weights, costs and sources. We know and track the most cost-effective recycled content and regional materials. Our record keeping includes vendors for tracking landfill debris records and manufacturer’s product submittals as needed.
- Integrated sustainable building design experience from pre-design through close-out phases- offering client options, analysis, modeling and strategies for smarter buildings
- Input on building envelope design and construction best practices for energy efficiency, healthier more comfortable interiors and increased occupant productivity
- Green School Building Experience for facilities with long-term cost efficiencies
- Established relationships with salvage vendors to maximize a project’s Reused Materials
- Know Florida’s best sources of Recycled Content products
- Utilize water conservation fixtures and landscape plantings & irrigation practices
- Understand Indoor Environmental Quality management per the LEED requirements
- Zero & Low-VOC Paints, Flooring, sealants and other environmentally safe materials
- Robust Internal Sustainable Initiatives at our company’s headquarters
DACG’s LEED Administration
Not only do we know the paperwork involved for running a LEED project, we can upload your submittals to LEED Online or assist with submittals for other green building rating systems, including the Green Globes and the Florida Green Building Coalition programs.
DACG Is A Technology Innovator
We utilize the all-in-one software tools for building professionals and each on-site team member has an iPAD. This ensures our proficiency and speed of project delivery is maintained through the use of the latest technology available for building project teams.
Our preconstruction design utilizes cutting edge computerized digitizing software, Maxwell ProContractor MX Estimating Software and scheduling programs as estimating tools on projects. This enables our staff to track costs, update schedules and provide valuable feedback about the status of each project. The Maxwell Accounting software itemizes labor, materials, subcontractor, equipment and other costs expended throughout a project. Our technology know-how and internal processes enable us to provide our clients with up to the minute information and view the current financial aspects of the project. We believe the key to effective cost control is timely updating and monitoring of performance prognosis through the entire project.
From estimating to Building Information Modeling (BIM) we keep ahead of the curve with an emphasis on cost-effective technology solutions.
Woman and Minority Owned
DACG has been certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE). DACG’s certifications now include: M/WBE, LDB and DBE which they obtained through a Unified Certification Program (UCP).